The Veterinarians at Austin Bluffs Animal Clinic strive to provide compassionate, caring and knowledgeable pet health and wellness services to assist your pet in living a longer, happier, and healthier life in the Colorado Springs area.
To provide our clients with friendly and caring customer service and access to leading edge veterinary products and veterinary services as well as authoritative pet educational content focusing on enhancing the human animal bond.
Meet Our Team!
Richard Monyek, D.V.M.
Owner / Veterinarian
Richard is a 1987 graduate of Colorado State University with his Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine. He worked as an associate veterinarian for Austin Bluffs Animal Clinic in Colorado Springs from 1988 to 1990 at which time he became the sole owner of the veterinary practice. Richard continues to enjoy the challenges and rewards of veterinary medicine and has a special interest in soft tissue surgery, anesthesia and pain management as well as geriatric medicine. Outside of work he enjoys spending time with his family and pets, playing inline hockey and taking trips to the beach. He is also an amateur photographer with Houndog Photography.
Brian Holder, CVT
Brian is a 2001 graduate of Bel Rea Institute of Veterinary Technology with an associates degree. He has been an employee of Austin Bluffs Animal Clinic as a Certified Veterinary Technician since December of 2001. Brian excels in customer relations and strives to provide excellent patient care . Brian keeps his certification current by attending continuing education every year. His interests include outdoor activities such as hunting and fishing as well as spending time with his kids and two dogs “Teddy” and “Clyde”. He also has the record in our hockey league for the most time spent in the penalty box. 🙂
The animals of this community are SO lucky if they get Jean as their technician. With many years of experience, and more compassion than a normal heart should be able to hold, Jean is such an asset to our team. She enjoys long bike rides with her husband and spends her free time with her kitties at home.
What to Expect
When you are looking for a veterinary care clinic you should be able to count on superior care and excellent service. We at Austin Bluffs Animal Clinic in Colorado Springs CO have assembled an expert team of veterinary professionals to bring you the best possible healthcare for your pet. We have a state of the art veterinary facility which is clean, comfortable, and efficient. Call 719-598-7879 to schedule an appointment and we will find a time that is convenient for you.
Once a year, you should take your pet in for a check-up. This will include a full physical exam, and may include teeth and gum cleaning if needed. Dr. Richard Monyek will check the health of your pet from head to tail, and you will be very happy you came to Austin Bluffs Animal Clinic for service.
Bring in any medical history you have of your pet when you come to our vet clinic. It’s best to keep a journal of your pet’s health throughout his or her life, including behavioral shifts. If you have something like this, share it with our team. If not, let us know everything that you think will be important. Dr. Monyek can still work with whatever information you have.
In some circumstances, Dr. Monyek will refer you to a specialist who has advanced expertise in areas such as internal medicine or surgery.
1. Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients’ needs, customer service and minimizing costs, we do not bill.
2. We accept debit cards, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover), checks and cash. All cards must be signed by the owner of the card.
3. When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. Austin Bluffs Animal Clinic understands this and is able to make some special arrangements through the CareCredit program. It takes just 5 minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into 6 monthly installments. You can either apply at our hospital, where we’ll call in your application over the phone for immediate approval, or apply yourself online at: www.CareCredit.com.
Highlights of the CareCredit program:
- Low Monthly Payments (3% of the Total Balance)
- Interest Free For 6 Months
- Determine Approval in a Few Minutes
- No Annual Fee